If you want to do the shopping in English, you need to know what to ask for… but also HOW to ask for it. So which things go with which amounts?
Tag Archives: pdf
This is a fantastic song that I really like to use in class, especially with pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate students.
It provides a lot of debate material, whether you’re dealing with cultural stereotypes, discrimination, racism, or just a bit of geography of English speaking countries.
You’ll find a pdf file with two pages: the first one is the copy for the student, and the other has the full lyrics for you, just in case.
- Start the activity with a pre-listening introduction about the artist: try not to lecture them, ask questions instead, just to check if they know the artist or not. If not, provide them with a little information.
- Listen once for the general meaning of the song. Elicit ideas.
- Give out copies of the handout, have the students give a look at the photos and describe them.
- Listen again, this time they’ll have to try and fill in the gaps (lower levels may have to listen twice, but that depends on how much time you have).
- Finally, check their answers, ask them if they liked the song or not and why, and start the debate.
[Note: please remember that we do not own the songs, respect the work of the artists who composed and performed the songs, rights are reserved.]