As promised, here are some ideas you can use to encourage conversation after the listening activity based on a wonderful song by Pearl Jam that I posted a couple of days ago (which you can find here).
- Make a wish! When do you make a wish in your country? Give examples (fluffy dandelions, candles on a birthday cake, shooting stars, etc.)
- Have you ever made a wish upon a star? Has it come true (yet)?
- What do you wish you could do better?
- Is there anything you would change about your body?
- Is there anything you would change about your personality?
- Are you happy? Do you wish you were happier? What would make you happier?
If you have other ideas, please leave a comment and share them with us!
Beautiful song! A masterpiece of grunge-rock music performed by Pearl Jam that will allow you to practice the structure “WISH + Simple Past“.
In the pdf file you’ll find a fill-in-the-blanks activity, as well as teacher’s notes providing:
- info about the band
- grammar reference
- guidelines for speaking activity
- key to exercise
I suggest trying this speaking + listening activity with intermediate or upper-intermediate students.
Wishlist on youtube
In the next post we’ll look into the great food for thought this song has to offer.
[Note: please remember that we do not own the songs, respect the work of the artists who composed and performed the songs, rights are reserved.]